Sunday, August 30, 2009

Given To Cast Podcast - Aug. 30, 2009

Hey guys,

The new podcast is up and it's a themed episode. I have decided to use one of my favorite shows I have on bootleg and use songs from that show to fill up some slots on the podcast. This episode's music (most of it) is taken from the Oct. 2, 1996 show in Hartford, CT

Given To Cast Podcast Aug. 30, 2009


Show Notes:

Intro of Oct. 2, 1996

Week in Review

Song of the Week - The Long Road, Hail, Hail - 10/2/1996 - Hartford, CT

Between The Songs - Ed talks about his childhood (8/23/2009) Chicago Night I

Contest Answer - Where is Eddie Vedder's Hometown? Answer: Evanston, IL

Covered - The Needle and The Damage Done by Neil Young

Extra Songs: In My Tree, Red Mosquito, Blood, Leaving Here

Outro Music


ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Les said...

I've never heard that boot! Can't believe my luck to hear that stuff, and yes, that version of Blood is ridiculously good.

In 21 days, Pearl Jam will be at Key Arena here in Seattle, and my adrenaline is starting to boil!

I wish I could join you for ACL. My suggestion, get as close to the stage as possible, as early in the day as possible, and make sure someone can watch it if you need to leave. When I saw The Pixies at ACL in 2004, I made it to that stage area about 45 minutes before they started, and was very far away. It sounded like someone had them playing on a boom box turned up to 10, 50 feet away. Totally impersonal. (Great show though.)