Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Austin City Limits SIMULCAST... who's going?


Hey guys,

Just want to let everyone know, I'll be at the Pearl Jam SIMULCAST of the taping of Pearl Jam on ACL TV show(airing Nov. 21st - check local listings). I will be there around 5 or 6 to get into the auditorium for a good seat. I'm hoping to catch a few of you dedicated PJ fans to get your comments on the taping. I will be giving a FULL report of the weekend events on this site and on a upcoming podcast. I'll be wearing a "Given To Cast" t-shirt. If you see me, come up and say "hey, are you that dude..." Here's the info. about the simulcast:

Simulcast of Pearl Jam Taping

Austin City Limits will tape a performance by Pearl Jam on Saturday, October 3. Our studio capacity is too limited to meet the demands for this taping and we didn’t want our loyal blog readers to miss out on it so we’re video streaming the live recording direct from our studio to fans in the Hogg Memorial Auditorium.


We’ll be giving away tickets to the simulcast at noon on Friday, October 2, at KLRU-TV (map to KLRU ). Tickets will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis, four (4) per person limit until supplies run out. We’ll be giving away more than 400 tickets to the simulcast, so bring your friends.

Remember, this is not to the studio taping, but to the simulcast party. Doors will open at 7 p.m. and the screening will start at 8 p.m. Hogg Memorial Auditorium is located on the University of Texas campus, directions here .



BTW, be sure to check out my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/giventocast) for LIVE updates and setlist of Saturday night and Sunday shows.

VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Michael Toland
Manager, National Productions of KLRU-TV
and
KLRU-TV, Austin PBS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet! damn i wanna be there but i'm arriving at austin till saturday! can somebody grab 2 tix for me and my wife? will gladly appreciate it and thank with a cold one!

Unknown said...

sweet! damn i wanna be there but i'm arriving at austin till saturday! can somebody grab 2 tix for me and my wife? will gladly appreciate it and thank with a cold one!